Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the right corner of the taskbar, the icons are getting mixed up into one another or sometimes get multiplied. Well, this effect also extends to the left corner of it, as sometimes, I find 2 Windows symbol. I tried to change the taskbar position from bottom to either right or left. In that case, things are working properly. But, keeping taskbar at the top has the same issues as when at the bottom. 

Icons like time, notifications, hidden icons(sound, anti-virus, etc.), battery, network connections, bluetooth...... 

These are the icons I had kept in the taskbar, but, majority of the time, they are not even there, or by some chances, if they appear, then they are completely shifted, ie. time icon staying at the right-most end, isnt visible at all, and hidden icons(arrow) at the left-most end(in the right part of the taskbar), is shifted to its right than usual. 

In this case, if I click on any of the still-visible icons, then they get merged into each other, randomly, and also get multiplied.

So, this is the complete issue. Noticed first time yesterday, 19 June, still persists. No virus issues, already scanned twice.

I am guessing it to be a bug, but anyways, would really like to take help from the experts' comm.

Please help with the solution as soon as possible, I really love my Laptop.....😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😥😥😥😥

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Dax11

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • When was the last time it worked fine?
  • What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
  • Could you please share the picture of the taskbar?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The thing is, I have changed the setup to a right-sided taskbar. And Im fine with it now. But ya, that doesnt mean the problem is sorted, so i will share the things which you asked for.

It worked absolutely fine on last week's friday morning. Then i just shut the lid. After 2-3 hours, i opened the lid, exactly when, it showed me, something like, 

"YOUR DEVICE RAN INTO A PROBLEM".     And before i could even touch the mouse pad, screen went off. But the power light was still on, thus porbably meaning that it was restarting, which it actually did. 

But as the restart completed, I entered the password, after that, the icon problem has persisted.

And yes, I did an update before that, just a day or 2 before the Friday..... I dont remember exactly. But, i did not download the complete update that day, some parts of it only. I left the rest of the update for later on time. Then, when i contacted the live chat help of Windows, they told me that lets complete the rest of the update first. I did so..........It downloaded well and good in time, but the installation took more than 3 hours, which was out of my patience then............

Thus i cancelled the insatllation. Then restarted the Lappy, and the problem still persisted........😡. So, i changed my Laptop_lifestyle from that day, and started keeping the taskbar on the right side. I also checked in the updates section in settings in Windows tab if the update has been installed or not?   Well, it said, "YOU ARE UP-TO-DATE" meaning the update was successful. But, the porblem was there yet.

But man, when i am typing this post, and was goona insert an image of the problem, i shifted the taskbar to bottom for to get the problem's image, and BANG-ON!!!!!!!!!!!    The problem is no more there.

Thus, mostly, i guess, that the problem would have been sorted after the update, but i needed to restart the Lappy and check once. But as i had changed the taskbar place, i didn t notice.

But, thanks anyways buddy. It was nice of you to take interest in my problem.

MORAL=  Keep your laptop updated all the time

HP Recommended

@Dax11

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.  I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.