Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Curser keeps jumping around the screen and sometimes cliicking shortcuts and links.Happens on my desktop and on the internet. My screen seems to be super sensitive. Ran a full virus scan and nothing came up.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @jimbo623, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have touchscreen issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

Is the touchscreen working in BIOS?

Please share the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

Try updating the chipset driver and BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

You can update other drivers on your PC using the HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant.

Try the steps recommended below.

In Windows, search for and open Tablet mode settings.

The Tablet mode window opens.

Use the following instructions to enable the tablet mode and to change settings.

To enable tablet mode, click On in the Make Windows more touch-friendly when using your device as a tablet section.

To specify what happens when you sign in, click the When I sign in box. Then, select Automatically switch to tablet mode, Go to the desktop, or Remember what I used last.

To specify how you will be notified when your notebook switches modes, click the When this device automatically switches tablet mode on or off box. Then, select Don't ask me and don't switch, Always ask me before switching, or Don't ask me and always switch.

To hide the taskbar app icons, click On in the Hide app icons on the taskbar in tablet mode section.

Try few steps recommended below.

In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.
The touchscreen device is labelled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touchscreen device.
If the option to enable the device is included in the menu, click Enable.

Reinstall the original touchscreen device driver that came installed on your computer using the following steps:
In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.
The touchscreen device is labelled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touchscreen device and select Uninstall.
Confirm the uninstallation.
Restart the computer to reinstall the touchscreen driver.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

Go into Device Manager - Select Universal Serial Bus Controllers - Select Generic USB Hub Properties -(Under POWER tab: the one that  has "HID-compliant Device 100mA" attached) Power Management - UNCHECK-"Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

If you have problems or not sure if it the correct HID-compliant Device, just look under the Driver Details and hit the drop down box to scroll through all those different labels until it clearly says "Touchscreen" under "Bus Reported Device Description"

Refer this article to further troubleshoot touchscreen issues with your PC. Click Here

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps, try running a touchscreen diagnostics test on your PC and check if the PC is functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC. Click Here

I'll keep an eye out for your response.

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.The first thing I tried was a good screen cleaning and it seemed to work. Must have been causing alot of static electricity on the sceen.

HP Recommended

@jimbo623, thanks for your prompt response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

I'm glad to know after cleaning the screen using a screen cleaner your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,
Happy New year Ahead!  🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.