Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
TouchSmart Envy 23 Desktop
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, everyone.

This is for a TouchSmart Envy 23 desktop running W8.1. It works great. Well, nearly.

In Google Hangouts, my webcam image comes yellow-ish, tan-ish, like I've been in the sun. I have YouCam that came standard with the desktop, but it doesn't let me run the advanced cam settings.

What is, and where do I download from, the latest 'official' HP webcam sorftware/app/driver?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Marcoose

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and I'll try my best to help. 👍

May I know since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you run a Webcam Test to confirm the Hardware functionality

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Webcam

If the Webcam Test pass, you can try downloading the YouCam Software 7.0 Build from this 3rd party Link: https://filehippo.com/download_youcam/download/e77727d53f91d0200ebe7a80cde0c41b/

You can also download the BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

If the issue started recently, then you can perform a System Restore to an earlier time before the issue started 

1. Enter Control Panel in the search box, and tap or click Control Panel.
  2. Enter Recovery in the Control Panel search box, and then tap or click Recovery.
  3. Tap or click Open System Restore, and then follow the instructions to restore the computer to an earlier time before the issue started

Please perform these steps patiently and let me know how it goes 👍

Thank you and have a great day 😀

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and this will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad.

Thanks for the reply. Here's the outcome. The diagnosis menu didn't have the Component Tests and Webcam option. So that didn't work. I downloaded the 7.0 software, which is a 30-day trial version, and I couldn't find the image settings with the trial version. So that didn't work either.

Back at square one with a yellow image.

HP Recommended

@Marcoose

Thanks for keeping me posted.

Have you tried the System Restore?

If the issue persists, please backup your data and perform a System Recovery to Factory Settings.

- Turn off the computer.Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes.
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key about once every second until the Choose an option screen is displayed, and then continue.
- On the Choose an Option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- On the Troubleshoot screen, click Recovery Manager.
- Under Help, click System Recovery.
- When Recovery Manager prompts you to back up your files, select a backup option:
- The Welcome to HP Recovery Manager screen is displayed. Read the on-screen information, and then disconnect any connected devices and cables, such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes.
- Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.
- Click Next to continue.
- When recovery preparation is complete, click Continue to proceed to the installation phase of the recovery process. The computer restarts several times during the recovery. This is normal. Do not close, shut down, or disconnect the computer while HP Recovery runs.
- Recovery Manager reformats the Windows partition and reinstalls the original software.
- After the system recovery is complete, click Finish to restart the computer. Complete the setup screens and wait until the computer finishes the setup.
- Once the setup is complete, turn off the computer, reconnect all devices and cables, and then turn on the computer.
- Before using the computer, update and protect your computer by reinstalling any virus and security software that was installed before the system recovery.
- Reinstall any software programs that were added after purchasing the computer, as well as any files that were backed up.

Let me know how it goes 👍

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and this will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Toad, what you're suggesting is completely reckless. You're suggesting to revert an otherwise perfectly functioning 5 1/2-year old desktop, with numerous software, apps, settings, devices, drivers, upgrades, etc, in order to 'try' --yes, 'try'!-- to solve one problem. If this was a housing forum and I my problem was a backed-up kitchen sink, you'd be suggesting to level the entire house without any guarantee the sink would be fixed.

Let's see if somebody has experienced and solved this specific problem. So long.

HP Recommended

@Marcoose

I understand that you are not happy performing a System Recovery. System Recovery is the last option.

You can try a System Restore and try reinstalling Google Hangouts but if the issue persists, the only option left would be System Recovery.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem (except that I have Windows 7).  I have an all-in-one Touch Smart desktop computer.

I have tried the instructions provided on the site but the problem remains.

Could the webcam be disabled?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kevin

HP Recommended

@TallGuy924

Welcome to the HP Community

Could you please help me with the exact model name or the product number?

Keep me posted.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi Raj,

Thanks for reaching out..here are some particulars:

Computer:  HP Touchsmart 610-1280qd (all-in-one)

Windows 7

Current status:

1. My webcam seems to be restricted when I try to open it to a 3rd party vendors who wants to conduct an online interview with me.

2. When I try to open the application via Firefox (my default browser) or Chrome, I get a message that indicates that my webcam "appears to be in use by another program".

3.  I've tried every suggestion I've found on the web to try to find where this error is coming from but with no success.

4. In addition I have loaded a different videoconferencing (not used by the interviewing company) and it works fine.

I need all the help I can get!

Thanks,

Kevin

HP Recommended

@TallGuy924 You may want to update the BIOS using this link: Click here to download, once done the issue should be resolved, if that doesn't do the trick, I recommend you reinstall the webcam drivers from the device manager and then restart the computer before you check again.

If nothing works, please check if the webcam is functional by following the steps mentioned here.

P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.