Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
24-G020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Touchscreen not working, device manager doesn't show one. Search for device changes doesn't find the touch screen so I can't update the driver. HID Touchscreen not in device manager any where.

I'm starting to think its a hardware issue. any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DManding Welcome to HP Forums!

I have a few steps that should resolve your concern:

I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer).

If it works on bios, it's a software issue, update the drivers from the HP Website, if the issue persists: please reinstall windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue

Attempt to run a test using the HP hardware diagnostic tool,

If it doesn't work on BIOS or the diagnostics tool either,

it's a hardware failure and you may need to Contact HP to set up a hardware repair service and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response, doesn't work in BIOS, already tried to reinstall windows. Is this repairable or does the screen need to be replaced? i'm an experienced automation service engineer so making the repair is not a problem but all I find on line are software issues and nothing about hardware problems. i could live without a touch screen but I bought this for my 95 year old mother who needs the touch option.

HP Recommended

@DManding 95yrs, that's amazing, I wish her the best, with that said, I'm afraid the touchscreen does require a repair/replacement, and you could look for replacement display panel & digitizer on the HP Parts Surfer, I did some digging in and found the universal part number for the touch panel kit: 862857-002

This can be used either on the HP Parts Store (if it isn't available) or simply search on any search engine and you can purchase it from local online stores such as Amazon, eBay, etc.

I hope that helps, 

If it did, make sure to click on "Accept as solution" to let us know it did.

Take care and I wish you both a healthy life, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.