Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 653HP All-in-One - 24-g014 (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)0
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My HP All-in-One-24-g014 (touch) (ENERGY STAR) updated March 2020 and since then, my touchscreen stopped working. 

HP, when you did the update in March (my computer will not allow me to restore itself back prior to March 2020), you updated the touchscreen driver which caused my driver to become disabled and is now obsolete.  The only driver HP offers for this computer touch screen is for an ILITEK Touchscreen and this doesn't work because the driver is not compatible with the computer.  I need the correct driver to enable my touchscreen. I've only had this computer a few years so I'm really hopeful that HP didn't do this intentionally to force me to go buy a new all-in-one computer.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@Cherona15, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues Touch Screen your Pavilion 653HP All-In-One - 24-G014 (Touch). Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you.

I have a few steps that should resolve your concern:  

I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer). 

If it works on bios, it's a software issue, update the drivers from the HP Website, if the issue persists: please reinstall windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue 

Attempt to run a test using the HP hardware diagnostic tool

If it doesn't work on BIOS or the diagnostics tool either,  

it's a hardware failure and you may need to Contact HP to set up a hardware repair service. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

With all do respect, your answer is the same robotic answer you give everyone for this issue.  If you actually read the issue I'm having, you would see that all I need from HP is to provide the correct driver for my touch screen. That is it.  I'm not asking for anything else.    HP only offers an old, outdated driver that is not compatible with my computer.  

HP - if you want me to continue being a loyal customer, please don't have a robot answer a response to my concerns and instead provide me with a new driver - that's it!

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi @Cherona15,

  

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

  

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding this issue, they should be able to help. Refer to this User Guide for contact details.  

  

Have a great day!  

  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.