Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z240 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC has 3 inbuillt off the mb display ports, there are no other graphic ports available and no other cards installed.

I have been happily using a DP to HDMI adapter attached to my Dell S2718H/HX monitor for the past few months and decided to purchase another Dell monitor (S2721HN) so as to extend the display, again using a DP to HDMI adapter, something i have done many times using various legacy graphic ports. Well on this setup i am stumped, no matter which of the 3 DP ports i use and in what order the screens are only every seen as one (duplicated), either one depending on i guess boot/port order. Sometimes depending on the port that the monitor is plugged into only one monitor will fire up and display the name of the monior that was last initiated first.

Other than purchasing a HDMI PCIe card i really do not know what to do, if it helps i am using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and  the monitor is generic.

Any help to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Pros

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.