Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDisplay E232
macOS 10.12 Sierra

My new HP EliteDisplay E232 have tow USB ports no one works

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The ports in the Display become active USB ports by being connected to a PC or notebook by use of a cable to the display.

If the display is not connected by a cable to a PC or notebook not logged into Windows or another OS, the ports are not active. 

🙂

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Have you tried connecting the device directly into a port on the PC to verify that it is operational?

Have you tried plugging the cable into a different port on the PC?

There is also the possibility that the cable may no longer be serviceable. Try replacing it with another and trying connecting it to a USB device for a test.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

hello and thank you for your replay but here I am talken about the Monitor NOT PC 

HP Recommended

The ports in the Display become active USB ports by being connected to a PC or notebook by use of a cable to the display.

If the display is not connected by a cable to a PC or notebook not logged into Windows or another OS, the ports are not active. 

🙂

HP Recommended

thanks it's working now

I don't understand why I need to do that !!! I bough this display because the usb port and my laptop have tow USB I used them the idea with new display to have tow more ports.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.