Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite 7300 MT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello.

I have taken for myself HP Elite 7300 MT with motherboard ipisb-ch2.

I tried to upgrade with my Gigabyte GeForce 750Ti. Not success. I  see only start screen and PC is beeping, I am very dissapointed spending money for HP company and get such weak PC.

I have learned that this PC BIOS does not support UEFI. Is it hard for HP to make BIOS update???????

Anyway will the 

GTX650 GPU Veineda video graphics card GTX650 1GB GDDR5 128BIT VGA Card

Will this card be suitable?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I wish I had better news for you.

If you purchase an entry-level productivity (Enterprise) PC instead of a mid-range consumer PC, your ability to upgrade it will always be limited. 

You tried to upgrade to a Gigabyte GeForce 750Ti that had a 400W requirement that your PC does not supply. The PSU is not an ATX and is proprietary so it is not  upgradeable.

Unfortunately, "GTX650 GPU Veineda video graphics card GTX650 1GB GDDR5 128BIT VGA Card", the company does not tell you what the power requirements are. I would expect at least 300 W. Your has a microtower PC, so the card won't physically fit.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello

I forgot to add, I upgraded the PSU for 420W. This is still not enough???

Requirements for 750Ti are 300W.

Ok I have 550W PSU also, should I try to upgrade the PSU?

I still do not believe that PSU causes this problem.

GeForce 650 is smaller than 750Ti, physically it will fit the same like 750 is fit inside the small tower PC.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, your PC has a legacy BIOS. The new GTX 750 and 650 video cards are only supported by PCs with UEFI BIOS.

That is why your PC wouldn't boot before.   You can only upgrade to video cards with legacy BIOS support.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi there. Thanks for responce.

That is the point on what I am wondering off, that HP is unable to provide simple upgrade for UEFI support. Anyway in my AMI bios version 7.13 I still see that there is some features to enable/disable some uefi boot as well. I am a bit confused.

But I thought that series 600 like 660 or 650 or 670 of GeForce still are on the legacy mode or that i s not correct?

HP Recommended

Hi there again

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-p6-2071scm-BIOS-upd...

Above link is to post where man has the same problem installing videocard.

There is a video also and HE HAD THE SAME PC behaviour that i am having now. And he was able to install this.

HP Recommended

"series 600 like 660 or 650 or 670 of GeForce still are on the legacy mode or that i s not correct"  

That is not correct.

There are still some Radeon r7 200 and 300 series,  and r5 cards with hybrid legacy\uefi BIOS support and pure legacy BIOS support available.

Sapphire technology still manufactures them.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=C9AD846C-04C4-45F9-AA86-2DF438B89D7D&lang=eng

In response to your last post. The other member had a different PC than you did. His PC was a consumer model.

There is no simple upgrade from legacy BIOS to UEFI BIOS. It does not exist.

HP Recommended

Especially read this one

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, It has nothing to do with your own issue.  The motherboard for your PC has a legacy BIOS.  That is a show stopper for your PC and a current generation GTX PCIe x16 video card .

HP Recommended

Hello

thanks for your great help.

Very sad, I will now never invest money in HP solutions and my company which is using HP PCs as a bussiness solution for mass production will get information from me about such issues that happening with regular customers.

Terrible. I just threw money in nothing.

P.S

I also made a trouble request to my videocards supplier Gigabyte. Will see what they will answer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.