Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two HDMI ports towards the bottom of my desktop that don't seem to work. When I try to connect my monitor to them using an HDMI cable, my monitor does not receive any signal. I made sure that my monitor is looking for the right input. Any suggestions?

hdmi.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

In windows go to the settings and under the system section look under display. Scroll down to the bottom and click on detect for multiple displays. If the HDMI ports are good this should solve your problem. If not then you may have to go into BIOS to see if it is detecting them.

HP Recommended

According to the spec page, that model has a graphics card installed.  That will disable the two HDMI ports that are motherboard outputs, which are shown in the picture you attached.  That is normal and expected behavior.  Use the HDMI outputs from the graphics card.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.