Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Pavillion 590-p0050 with Windows 10 64 Bit and 16 GB of Memory.

I use it just as a general "work computer".. not for gaming.. and I don't do any high-end graphics work.

I'm looking to add in a dedicated video card to improve system performance a bit, as well as I need to be able to support multiple monitors.  I need to have a set-up where I can have 3 or preferably even 4 different monitors since I am going to be doing some online training, and need several monitors with different screens for the online training.

I know that this computer doesn't have a big power  supply,  and space inside may be limited, so I need a solid but low-wattage video card that this system can support without needing to upgrade the power supply or the fan.  I know there are some video cards that work off the PCI bus power only, so that is probably what I need.  But key is that the card must have multiple display outputs.. 3.. or maybe even 4 outputs..

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Michael

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello
do you have this model?

HP Pavilion 590-p0050 Desktop PC Product Specifications

No graphics card, and 310w power supply?
It will be necessary to check for commercial models, the required power supply may be different, the dimensions.
If there is a need for additional pci power supply, there may not be any on your power supply unit!
You have this model for example:

HP Pavilion 590-p0007ur Desktop PC Product Specifications

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4 GB)

Rear I/O connectors: Dual Link DVI-D + HDMI + DisplayPort

more examples :

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-desktop-pc-590-p0000a/19390500/product-info

For a small graphics card, 4 screens may be too much!

it will be necessary to see for the screens, there are not always the same connectors on the graphics cards
3 or 4 hdmi for example

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes - That is my unit. It has a 300 watt power supply and only onboard graphics.. no dedicated graphics card.

I'll try the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti  and see if that works.

I may not need 4 monitors at once.. Probably only 2 or 3 max at once..

Michael

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.