Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq CQ5236UK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an old PC (HP Compaq CQ5236UK) that has been working fine since 2009. I have a HP W19 LCD Monitor. I have recently upgraded from Windows 2007 to Windows 10. It appears that there isn't a Windows 10 driver specifically for the W19 monitor. By default it is shown as a 'Generic non - PnP Monitor. The driver is Microsoft,  21/06/2006,  version 10.0.15063.0. 

Can anyone suggest a better driver please? It is isn't a good quality display and is stretched in 1280 x 1024.

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I guess that is the best you will be able to do.

The only other suggestion I have is that if your PC has the onboard nvidia graphics, install the W8 graphics driver and see if that gets the display to work better.

You are missing the graphics driver if you go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category, and there you will see the display adapter listed there.

You should be seeing a Nvidia graphics adapter listed there.

If you see a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter listed there, then that is the problem, not the monitor.

Here is the link to the W8 graphics driver for the onboard nVidia graphics adapter...Install and restart the PC.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/82758/en-us

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to use the Vista 64 bit driver from your monitor's support page.

I would recommend manually installing the driver.  I have zipped it up and attached it below...

Download and unzip the file to its folder.   Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Monitors category.

Click on the Generic non- PnP Monitor.

Click on the driver tab.   Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC and see if that resolves the problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you. That has helped as it does now recognise that it is a HP W19 monitor and has installed the driver. Still not as good a display as I had with Windows 7. It is still a little bit stretched.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I guess that is the best you will be able to do.

The only other suggestion I have is that if your PC has the onboard nvidia graphics, install the W8 graphics driver and see if that gets the display to work better.

You are missing the graphics driver if you go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category, and there you will see the display adapter listed there.

You should be seeing a Nvidia graphics adapter listed there.

If you see a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter listed there, then that is the problem, not the monitor.

Here is the link to the W8 graphics driver for the onboard nVidia graphics adapter...Install and restart the PC.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/82758/en-us

HP Recommended

Success!  The display adapter was showing as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I have now installed the W8 graphics driver for the onboard nVidia graphics adapter and all is good.

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.