Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP E243m
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I am able to connect and use the monitor for audio, but not video.  Webcam does not come on.   All programs. default to Macbook camera.  How do I correct? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello

webcam works if you connect USB cable.

Video should work using a video port such as the HDMI.

bye

HP Recommended

The webcam does not work, even with a USB-C to Displayport cable. There doesn't seem to be any successful example of this working in any forum.

If anyone's found a working solution, let me know, as I really don't want to have to return a brand-new monitor 😞

HP Recommended

I have the same setup, and the same issue. I cannot get my Macbook to recognise the webcam.

I originally connected the screen using an HDMI, but following the advice below, I bought a USB-C to DisplayPort cable. However, that has not worked either.

I can get the MacBook to output audio, but cannot get the webcam to work, which was the whole point of buying this screen.

If anyone solves this, I'd love to know how 😞

HP Recommended

Hello

in the E243m box there is an USB-A to USB-B cable.

wecbam has nothing to do with USB-C or HDMO or DisplayPort

does your MacBook has a USB-A port ? iy yes, connect the USB-A-to-USB-B cable to USB-B port of E243m.

bye

HP Recommended

That worked. Thank you for your advice.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.