Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy All-in-one PC 27 bOXX

Webcam just stopped working after a Zoom. Alarm rings all day

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@NyackAlanR Does that mean it works on other applications like the default camera app, or Youcam / Cyberlink, etc..? 

Also, if the webcam doesn't work with any apps, check out the below steps:

Check the anti-virus program settings & ensure it isn't blocking the camera and the same should resolve the issue, if this doesn't help, try the below steps:

click here & follow the steps to turn off privacy settings that may be blocking the webcam from usage,

That said, If your webcam has stopped working after installing a new update, you should uninstall the update and roll back to the older version. You will have to open Device Manager > right-click on the device > select Properties > switch to Driver tab > click on Roll Back Driver button > select Yes on the next window. After that, you need to restart your PC to check whether it is working.

If that doesn't work or there were no updates before the issue occurred, you might need to uninstall the webcam driver.

To do this, open Device Manager > right-click on the device > select Properties > switch to Driver tab > click on Uninstall Device button.

Restart your computer and then open Device Manager again and click on Action > Scan for hardware changes. (this would automatically reinstall the best drivers for it)

Once done, I suggest you install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

1. Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
  2. Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
  3. Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have followed all of your suggestions. Windows 10 did NOT find the Camera nor did it re-install the drivers. Stll no camera on start up, but Camera is still functioning when I click on Camera in the Start Menu. Stumped. I can live with this but how do I turn off the alarm. Its really annoying.

HP Recommended

NyackAlanR_0-1595599100937.png

HP Recommended

@NyackAlanR What alarm are you referring to? can we have an audio/video recording to understand that better, also, if the default camera app is still working fine, I suggest you check with an alternate application and check if that works, also turn off anti-virus and firewall programs temporarily (also, remove more than one antivirus program installed as that could cause such issues) and check if that works.

Keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How do I upload a video with the soinds of the alarm?

HP Recommended

@NyackAlanR

Have you tried running the HP Support Assistant?

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.