Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Great! that solved the problem.  Too bad whoever distributed the patch didn't take the time to make sure it worked correctly.

HP Recommended

Thank you, you have restored my faith in forums for assistance. All in good working order again. :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

Worked perfectly!!  Thank you so much!  You rock!

HP Recommended

Thank you to both Werefawn and PoppaHank!! Your combined suggestions helped to fix the problem on my monitor. Looking at the stretched out text/images was driving me crazy!

HP Recommended

YES!!  Thank you  thank you!

HP Recommended

How did you tell it was the correct driver? When I do a search for drivers I get a million of them!

HP Recommended

This same problem happened to me...like everyone else, on the same day.  You say that you  did a search for drivers on your pc.  Could you please detail how you did that?  I'm not tech savvy and need guidance...and am desperate!  Thanks!

HP Recommended

I DID IT!!!  Scared the crap out of myself, but I did it.  The "roll back driver" was not available (greyed out)...I selected the option of "search for compatible drivers" and chose the 2015 one...clicked to install and then EVERYTHING went black...even when the screen EVENTUALLY came back, I could only see my wallpaper...then finally task bar icons, but nothing else....and THEN everything came back.  Oh happy day!!

HP Recommended

That's exactly what I did to fix the problem.  Be aware though, that this problem could return with some future upgrade, so remember how you fixed it this time! 

HP Recommended

Exactly what I was thinking, Poppa. Let's hope they fix the original problem before the next driver upgrade.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.