Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp 19 all-in-one pc

I put a cd into the drive but didn't get it snapped in place and when I opened the drive it was gone.  I took the back off but still didn't find it.  everything is working but I'd like to find the cd and get it out of my computer

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Lisa, welcome to the forum.

Here is a video that will help you open the computer and remve the DVD drive:

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I have a new computer and a CD has just disappeared into the computer. Another user says he took the back off and still couldn't find the lost cd. I'm afraid of cancelling my warranty if I try to find it myself especially as it sounds as if I may be unsuccessful.

The CD was evidently not correctly installed, still it seems to me to be a design fault if CDs can disappear so easily.

HP Recommended
My friend has the same problem as two above ..CD not snapped in properly and disappears inside.

Brand new HP 20-c010 All-in-One Desktop PC from Walmart.

Bummer design flaw. My friend is 92.
What to do?
HP Recommended
did you ever get loose cd out? i tried shaking it upside down. i can see it sliding around. still can.t *catch* it. help!
HP Recommended

had my new hp all in one five days and inserted a disk into drive and it fell into the pc help!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.