Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-1134
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I leave the computer for a minute or video stops. computer turns itself off, very irritating. I read that other people have this problem but DID NOT see any answers.  Just because I do not keep continuously pushing keys or running a video is no reason for computer to turn off. what can I do to stop this irritating action?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @needhelp43,

Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions and find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing issues with your HP computer wherein it goes to sleep mode too quickly.

Please follow the steps listed below to change the sleep time settings.

1. In Windows, search for and open Power Options.
2. In the Choose or customize a power plan window, click Change plan settings next to the plan you want to change.
3. To change the sleep settings, click the drop-down arrow or arrows next to Put the computer to sleep, and select the new time.
4. Click Save changes.

You may also refer to this link https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2842993-2359187-16

Let me know if this helps and have a nice day ahead.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @needhelp43,

Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions and find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing issues with your HP computer wherein it goes to sleep mode too quickly.

Please follow the steps listed below to change the sleep time settings.

1. In Windows, search for and open Power Options.
2. In the Choose or customize a power plan window, click Change plan settings next to the plan you want to change.
3. To change the sleep settings, click the drop-down arrow or arrows next to Put the computer to sleep, and select the new time.
4. Click Save changes.

You may also refer to this link https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2842993-2359187-16

Let me know if this helps and have a nice day ahead.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.