Level 1
12 6 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

hazy horizontal lines on screen

HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-164
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, yesterday Windows 10 updates downloaded and installed onto my computer but then, all of a sudden, about 1/2 of my screen went hazy with a bunch of thin, horizontal lines on it.  Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,486 23,444 1,064 1,097
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Candi_970

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked without these issues?
  • Have you updated Graphics and Chipset drivers?
  • Have you checked the display on an external monitor?

let’s try these steps to resolve the problem:

I recommend you attempt to access the BIOS screen by tapping on F10 while the computer is restarting, 

If the issue persists in the BIOS screen which is outside windows, it would confirm a hardware failure.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Candi_970
Author
Level 1
12 6 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Echo Lake, I just found your response(s)/suggestions!  Please forgive me but, I also just reposted my question, thinking that no one responded!

Now, in response to you:

This monitor was working fine prior to 4/20/2020.  At first, I thought it was due to one of Microsoft's Windows updates, because this problem immediately occurred after the update install;

The graphics drivers were checked and/or updated at least 4 times, and

I tried hooking up another monitor to my CPU - the display on that is mediocre at best but, I was able to see everything (left, center and right).

I don't think that I know how to update the chipset driver(s)...or at least, I've never tried.

I'll try restarting the computer and pressing the F10 button to see what happens.

0 Kudos
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,486 23,444 1,064 1,097
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Candi_970

Thank you for posting back. 

Work on it as per your convenience and keep me posted on the results.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation