Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HPZ27

Hi I've used my HPZ27 monitor for 3 years without issue. The USB-C cable was fraying, so when i tried to hook up my laptop this morning and it wasn't reading the USB-C input i assumed that was the problem. So i switched the cable but still no signal. Any ideas what's happening here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @nicritt,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If changing the cable didn't resolve the issue, there might be a few other possibilities to consider.

• Check the port: It's possible that the USB-C port on either your monitor or laptop is damaged or malfunctioning. Try connecting another device to the port to see if it works.
  • Update drivers: Make sure your laptop's USB-C drivers are up to date. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause connectivity issues.
  • Check settings: Ensure that your laptop is set to output display through the USB-C port. Some laptops require you to manually select the output source.
  • Try another device: If possible, try connecting a different device (another laptop or a smartphone with USB-C output) to your monitor to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem lies with the monitor or the laptop.
  • Reset settings: Sometimes, resetting the monitor's settings to default can resolve connectivity issues. Refer to the monitor's manual for instructions on how to reset it.
  • Hardware issue: If none of the above solutions work, there might be a hardware issue with either the monitor or the laptop. 

By systematically troubleshooting these possibilities, you should be able to identify the root cause of the issue and find a solution.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @nicritt,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If changing the cable didn't resolve the issue, there might be a few other possibilities to consider.

• Check the port: It's possible that the USB-C port on either your monitor or laptop is damaged or malfunctioning. Try connecting another device to the port to see if it works.
  • Update drivers: Make sure your laptop's USB-C drivers are up to date. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause connectivity issues.
  • Check settings: Ensure that your laptop is set to output display through the USB-C port. Some laptops require you to manually select the output source.
  • Try another device: If possible, try connecting a different device (another laptop or a smartphone with USB-C output) to your monitor to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem lies with the monitor or the laptop.
  • Reset settings: Sometimes, resetting the monitor's settings to default can resolve connectivity issues. Refer to the monitor's manual for instructions on how to reset it.
  • Hardware issue: If none of the above solutions work, there might be a hardware issue with either the monitor or the laptop. 

By systematically troubleshooting these possibilities, you should be able to identify the root cause of the issue and find a solution.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi thanks -- i actually figured it out -- i didn't replace it with the right cable. I was using the apple charger usb-c and not one that carried data. I replaced it with a Belkin usbc cable that carried data and boom, fixed! Thanks for your reply. 

HP Recommended

Hi @nicritt,

Thank you for your response, 

Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.