Redoont
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

my computer beeps on startup with a video card problem

HP Recommended
hp pavilion p6-2115la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a hp pavilion p6-2115la, the problem happens when I want to install an Nvidia Geforce GT 1030 graphics card, when it turns on at the first 5 beeps the screen turns off and after turning on you see a red lines at the top and then it turns on as Normally, it makes about 8 or 9 beeps and the screen locks up, but when I put the graphics card that I always use, which is a GT 630, it doesn't make any beep and turns on normally. What surprises me the most is that I don't know if it is card damage or a problem with the motherboard, which is a Foxconn H-CUPERTINO2 H61uA TX that comes by default because later I install the drivers and the gt 1030 works normally but when I restart the pc It gives me a bug that is Number 43 in the device manager.

1 REPLY 1
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,794 4,728 526 2,063
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
it is a problem with the motherboard!
There is a tutorial, but it is not always easy to understand and apply, and it does not work with all cards.
think about the comments and links given:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkBTSlBW2oc

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Note: You can just press F1 at the HP boot screen to boot it without the crackling noise. Pressing F12 without touching Esc also seems to work for some. Alt ...
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation