Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 22 yh display
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I left the room while my desktop was on and when I came back, the HP 22 yh screen was blank.  I selected the space bar which should activate the screen but nothing happened.  The HP 22yh is my main display and my Samsung is the 2nd display.  The Samsung was active but the HP 22yh was blank.  The only solution was to do a hard boot to turn off the desktop, wait 10 seconds and turn the system back on.  Then both screens were active.  Does anyone know why this is happening and a better way to fix the problem?  I've never experienced this before and it's happening every time I leave the computer for a few minutes.  I would appreciate any ideas anyone has on how to prevent this from happening. 

Thanks,

Vicki

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@vgmiller100, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I would suggest you update the graphics driver on your computer to which the monitors are connected.

Also, refer to the document HP Desktop PCs - Connecting Monitors and TVs to Your PC  under the section Setting properties for multiple monitors.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I went to the connecting monitors and tv to your pc for multiple monitors but there wasn't anything there that helped.  I will check the graphics driver to see if that makes a difference.  I thought Windows 10 automatically updated graphics and printer drivers but I could be wrong.  I'll let you know if that works.

HP Recommended

I installed the HP support assistant and ran it but nothing appeared concerning the graphics driver update.  I assume that this would have told me if there was one.  Let me know if I should do something else to verify my graphics driver is up to date.

HP Recommended

@vgmiller100

Yes, if there were any updates, HP Support Assistant will automatically initiate the update.

Also, you can manually check for updates from here.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.