Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17

I have a brand new  HP 20kd 19.5-inch Monitor that I hooked up to my HP Pavilion 17z.  Prior to hookup I called HP and they said I needed a HDMI to VGA adapter.  They said any brand. I ordered 

Moread HDMI to VGA, Gold-Plated HDMI to VGA Adapter (Male to Female) for Computer, Desktop, Laptop, PC, Monitor from Amazon.  I do not have a picture but the above error message.   I am not computer savy so if someone could tell me exactly what I need to buy or do I would really appreciate it. I am trying to use this monitor as a second screen for work. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Michele1229

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the display settings. 

Input Signal Out of Range - Change resolution setting to1366 x 768 @ 60Hz (18.5 in.) or 1440 x 900 @ 60Hz (19.5 in.) or 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz (20.7 in. 21.5 in.). Indicates the monitor does not support the input signal because the resolution and/or refresh rate are set higher than the monitor supports.

Restart the computer and enter Safe Mode. Refer to this document for steps. Change the settings to a supported setting. Restart the computer so that the new settings take effect.

You may also refer to the User Manual.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.