Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m7 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How to remove box that says HP Audio Switch in upper left hand corner of desktop.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@flasunshine13

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, you are trying to disable the HP Audio Switch.

Don't worry, I'm here to help! To better assist you - Were there any recent changes made to the computer?

Let's try these steps -

1) Right-click on an empty area on the Taskbar and select Task Manager.

2) When Task Manager comes up, click the Startup tab and look through the list of programs and find HP Audio Switch Box and right click on it and select disable.

3) Restart the computer and check whether the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No, that did not help.

There is a Startup file and a Startup Applications file.  Neither one of these list the HP Audio Switch. 

Your "tools to enjoy" are instrusive and border on malware.  

Have you noticed the long list on Google looking for ways to remove this crap so we can get back to work?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.