Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-x0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My touchscreen has stopped working. I have checked the device driver, deleted it, and let the system reinstall it. Windows updates are all installed, HP updates all installed. Any suggestions/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@freshgarbage Greetings from the HP Community!

Did you check if the touchscreen works in the BIOS Screen? 

• This would help us determine if this is either a software or hardware related issue, hence I request you tap on F10 during a PC restart and check if you can use the touch feature to select options outside windows.
  • If it doesn't work, this could be a hardware malfunction.
  • If it works, please use the HP website to download all the latest drivers for your device using this link: click here

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Noticed this in the event logs

This would have been around the time that it started.

8/4/2019 12:37:46 device migrated
Device HID\VID_1FD2&PID_7101&MI_00&Col01\8&b1e0b3e&0&0000 was migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: HID\VID_1FD2&PID_7101&MI_00&Col01\8&b1e0b3e&0&0000
Class Guid: {745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da}
Location Path:
Migration Rank: 0x0
Present: true
8/4/2019 12:37:46 device configured (input.inf)
Device HID\VID_1FD2&PID_7101&MI_00&Col01\8&b1e0b3e&0&0000 was configured.

Driver Name: input.inf
Driver Date: 06/21/2006
Driver Version: 10.0.18362.175
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Section: HID_Raw_Inst.NT
Driver Rank: 0xFF1003
Matching Device Id: HID_DEVICE_UP:000D_U:0004
Outranked Drivers: input.inf:HID_DEVICE:00FF1004
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: USB\VID_1FD2&PID_7101&MI_00\7&2e133def&0&0000
8/4/2019 12:37:46 device started
Device HID\VID_1FD2&PID_7101&MI_00&Col01\8&b1e0b3e&0&0000 was started.

Driver Name: input.inf
Service:
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
----------------------------------------
event 410, Kernel-PnP
Device HID/VID_1FD2&PID7101&M
Driver name: input.inf

HP Recommended

@freshgarbage Greetings from the HP Community!

Did you check if the touchscreen works in the BIOS Screen? 

• This would help us determine if this is either a software or hardware related issue, hence I request you tap on F10 during a PC restart and check if you can use the touch feature to select options outside windows.
  • If it doesn't work, this could be a hardware malfunction.
  • If it works, please use the HP website to download all the latest drivers for your device using this link: click here

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK, I noticed in device manager that the mouse showed the same event, same time, same day. Started in bios, it did not let me use touch screen. When I turned it off, I hit the restore default settings without thinking.

And now the touch screen is working. In device manager, in the touch screen settings when clicked on, it shows a new tab for power management. (unchecked).

Since you were the only one that helped, thank you. If this happens again, I would have them check to see if the power management tab has gone away. (I am saving the link to the BIOS update just- in- case.)

HP Recommended

@freshgarbage That's awesome, I'm glad its been sorted,

That said, If you need anything else, feel free to write to us anytime.

To thank us for our effort's to help you, give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, and have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I spoke to soon, it's been working all evening, but stopped a couple of hours ago. I looked in the device manager and the power management tab was gone under the Human interface devices-compliant touch screen. So I went to BIOS and did the same thing as before, highlighted the restore defaults and exited. Then looked at the Human interface devices and this time the power management did not return.

However I did find it under the HID compliant mouse in device manger. Back to square one.

HP Recommended

Updated BIOS from link you gave me, it's still not working

HP Recommended

I noticed that you sent me another email, that went to my spam folder.  The touch screen does not work in BIOS, before or after it was updated. However it did work after I clicked on the restore to default for several hours, then stopped.

While it was working a power management tab was created in the device manager, in the touch screen. Curious why that would be there as this is a desktop, and not a laptop with battery. Is it possible my computer thinks it's a laptop? and is shutting the screen down, thinking it's low on power?

HP Recommended

What now? I have tested it with the hp hardware diagnostic tests, and ran the two for the mouse/pointer. Both were ok. There was no test for the touchscreen.

In the device manager it tells me the touch screen is working properly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.