Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp envy j144na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I have the problem with my laptop, the touchscreen is not working that how it should. Randomly turning on and off, sometimes reacting after a few seconds. Sometimes not working at all. I tried to solve this problem but I couldn't find anyone who had similar situasion. Is it possible that the couse of this problem is windows 10? Hope you will help me, thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi Shiizaku

Your PC shipped with Windows 8.1.

You upgraded to Windows 10.

What version of Windows 10 are you using (Anniversary Update (1607) or Creator's Update (1703))? When did this problem start? Did it start happening (recently) with Windows version 1703?

Please clarify, what is randomly turning on and off?

Backup all data before you try any of the following options. Do you have HP Recovery media or operating system images you can use to restore your PC if something bad happens? You could use a previous image to go back to or use a Microsoft Restore point if you have one. Take your PC back in time to a point before this problem started happening.

It would appear to be a problem with the driver. You could try installing a Touch Panel HP driver update for Windows 8 here.

HP is not offering a Touch Panel driver update when using Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.

The only other options I can think of would be to uninstall the current Touch Panel driver and hope Microsoft gives you a better driver or go back to the previous version of Windows 10 or Windows 8.1.

Grzy

HP Recommended

I bought the new windows 10. This is the 1703 version (full upgraded). Have no idea if the touch screen worked fine before becouse I recently bought this laptop. By the "randomly" I mean that while I'm using the touchscreen it just turning off by itself, after a little while it works for.. few minutes. Personaly I think that the couse of this problem is the windows 10.. I'm not sure if HP made well drivers (for the touchscreen) for this OS. 

HP Recommended

Hi Shiizaku

The HP specifications for your PC show it had Windows 8.1 installed at the factory. Scroll down the linked page to see the factory installed operating. I am fuzzy on how this (Windows 10 on an HP PC that shipped with Windows 8.1) would happen unless the seller updated the operating system.

You just bought this PC with Windows 10 , version 1703 installed?

Can you contact the seller for assistance?

A new HP PC should work correctly.

Grzy

HP Recommended

I didn't say that I actually bought this laptop from the other guy.. He was saying that the touchscreen was working fine but I have no idea what OS he was using.

HP Recommended

Hi

Okay.

Try suggestions in my previous reply to see if you can get a better Windows 10 (1703) driver, go back to Windows 10 version 1607, or try the Windows 8 driver from HP for the touchscreen function.

If nothing works then back up data and use HP recovery media to go back to Windows 8.1.

I don't know what else to tell you.

Windows 10 (1703) may not have a stable driver for the hardware on your PC.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Alright then, thank you for your help. I'll try everything that you saying. 

Have a good day!

HP Recommended

Hi

Sounds good.

Let the forum know if you require additional assistance.

Another forum member may have additional thoughts on how to solve your dilemma.

Grzy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.