Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I did the procedures and the only one that i had a problem with scan health diagnostics.  I will insert a screen shot.  It wouldn't go to 100% it went to 94%.  I did the reboot still no touch screen.  Is there something else to try?  Thanks to everyone for trying to help me.Screenshot (37).png

HP Recommended

Hello @Marnie70 

@Marnie70 wrote:

I did the procedures and the only one that i had a problem with scan health diagnostics.  I will insert a screen shot.  It

wouldn't go to 100% it went to 94%.  I did the reboot still no touch screen.  Is there something else to try?  Thanks to everyone for trying to help me.

If you set a marker in the console window with the mouse, the command pauses! Press ENTER to remove the marker to continue the command...

ub6424_0-1662674328641.png

Kind regards

HP Recommended

I completed all the command prompts and one came back as Error:87.  I rebooted and still no touch. More suggestions, please.  I attach a screen shot of the error.Screenshot (40).png

HP Recommended

Hello @Marnie70 

Do you know when ( on what date) the touchscreen last worked?

HP Recommended

It was in the middle of 2020. My granddaughter was in the middle of a Roblox kids game when it stopped working. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Marnie70 

Take time and follow the official guide ...

HP PCs - Troubleshooting touch screen issues in Windows 10

Please report your results

HP Recommended

I followed the link and on my computer the pen and touch function say there is no pen & touch on this computer.  When before it stopped working that said I DID have pen & touch.  And when I go to device manager to disable, update etc. the touch screen screen compliant driver there is no touch screen compliant listed, when before it did have it.  It has completely vanished.  That is why I did the system restore when it first happened, when I couldn't find the driver anywhere on my pc. I thought it would reinstall it.  It didn't.

HP Recommended

Hello @Marnie70 

It could be a technical defect. Since the device is out of warranty, I would accept the defect and use a good optical (laser) mouse.

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.