Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
w19 LCD display

missing power supply. However, i have another and i found a plug. However, it's 12vdc, so i need to know the correct polarity of the plug. negative outsdie or inside?

why is there no spell check here? There is in the subject line, just not here.

pa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

correct reply is to use an ohm meter and see which terminal connects to the monitor ground. Duh,,,I should have known that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@paulthisisstupi

Welcome to HP Forums, 

this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand you need information on w19 LCD display power supply polarity,

Here are the power cord requirements for your monitor: Click here (look under Power Cord Set Requirements)

And to help you with HP Forums posts & spellcheck, perhaps this would help: Click here

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

that answer was totally wrong. Whoever replied, obviously did not understand the question at all!

HP Recommended

correct reply is to use an ohm meter and see which terminal connects to the monitor ground. Duh,,,I should have known that.

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem.

Lost the original 12V power cord/adapter to my HP PC display (HP model number: 628701-001) and bought a non HP replacement adjustable adapter. It came with several connectors.

In the instructions it sad that I need to get the polarity right and I was suppose to check for that on the PC display. Unfortunately it does not say, so my question is what polaritys does the female connector on the actual PC
display have?

No, I cant use a ohm meter because and measure this, simply because I cant get any power to the PC display.

Any suggestions?

I have a 50/50% chance to get it right or burn my PC display.

/K

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.