Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-05-2021 05:47 AM
If I stop using my printer for a day or so (or even a few minutes) the printer switches off (I have to find the printer and choose it to enable printing). How can I ensure the printer is always switched on a ready for say remote printing?
07-08-2021 06:28 AM - edited 07-08-2021 06:28 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community
I understand your concerns
You cannot leave the printer ON always since it will go to sleep mode and this is by default
If the printer is not waking up from sleep mode for printing try updating the Firmware https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1776648-1643972-16
Also assign a manual IP address
- Print a Network Config Page from the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 18.104.22.168 for the first DNS and 22.214.171.124 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS.
- Click 'Apply'.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community