Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
510-P127C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a measuring device known to be good (it connects to othernon-win10 PCs via bluetooth).  On this Win 10 machine  the device is recognized, connected, and paired.  However, when I run the software for the measuring device it says the device is not connected.

Dev Mgr says the latest and correct drivers are installed.  Under sevices the BT Support services is set to automatic.  The device itself is set to the correct com port and discovery is turned on in BT.

I ran troubleshooter and it said everthing was ok.

System has the latest updates

This is driving me nuts.

Any suggestions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@FrFrog

The following may help if -- and only -- the issue is due to a previous Windows Update that did, in fact, break the webcam / bluetooth / USB on some systems.

The update requires that your system is already running on Windows 10 FCU (Fall Creators Update) - Windows 10 version 1709.xx

Read and decide if the information is relevant to your situation...

1. Assuming the software you are using is actually compatible with Windows 10,
  2. If your Windows 10 is running on the latest Fall Creators Update (V.1709),
  3. If your Windows Update has not done so,
  4. Consider:

March 22, 2018—KB4089848 (OS Build 16299.334)

Applies to: Windows 10 version 1709

The document includes "how to get the update"
OR
Open Settings > Update and Security >
First, check to see if the update is already installed (View installed update history)
If the update is installed, no need to continue
OR
If the update is not installed, use Check for updates to see if process will pull the update for you

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@FrFrog

The following may help if -- and only -- the issue is due to a previous Windows Update that did, in fact, break the webcam / bluetooth / USB on some systems.

The update requires that your system is already running on Windows 10 FCU (Fall Creators Update) - Windows 10 version 1709.xx

Read and decide if the information is relevant to your situation...

1. Assuming the software you are using is actually compatible with Windows 10,
  2. If your Windows 10 is running on the latest Fall Creators Update (V.1709),
  3. If your Windows Update has not done so,
  4. Consider:

March 22, 2018—KB4089848 (OS Build 16299.334)

Applies to: Windows 10 version 1709

The document includes "how to get the update"
OR
Open Settings > Update and Security >
First, check to see if the update is already installed (View installed update history)
If the update is installed, no need to continue
OR
If the update is not installed, use Check for updates to see if process will pull the update for you

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

That tech tip fixed it.  Why can't MS make sure their updated don't break things!

HP Recommended

Everthing was working fine after the above update.  Today BT is no where to be found and I cannot find how to turn it on.

The last update on the machine is listed as 2018-03 ...win10...1709 and running Windows update says I'm up to date.

What happened?  I followed the troubleshooting steps and by adjusting to "view" settings in Device Manager I could see the BT icons but with standard settings they don't show up.

This is getting very frustrating.  Also just noticed that the USB ports no longer work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.