Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer has built-in Bluetooth and I have an Amazon Echo that I am using as a speaker since my old computer speakers quit and there is a bit of delay and other sound problems and I was wondering if I could use an external USB Bluetooth Dongle? I have one and tried it but it does not seem to work. Either the two interfere with eachother or I am doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

A  USB Bluetooth 4.0 dongle should do the trick. 

You can always disable the desktop's built-in Bluetooth adapter in the Device Manager. That would certainly take care of any interference issue.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help so I tried that and but when I tried that the devices would not Connect. I eventually went back to the built-in Bluetooth and it works but still the same issues of sound not syncing with the video and stutters. Thanks for trying.

HP Recommended

What generation Amazon Echo do you have?

When you connect to the Echo with your mobile phone are you having any issues?

Have you considered updating the Echo firmware?

With all of the desktop PCs I have built, I  never really considered using bluetooth speakers.  It is so much more straightforward to use wired speakers or the speakers in my LCD displays via the HDMI connection. What do speakers cost?  $10.00 and up+

We have a Bose soundlink Revolve in our home that we use with spotify and our mobile phones.  We have never had any connection issues.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I have the 2nd generation Echo.

I do not have a mobile phone. Yep I'm behind the times. LOL

I haven't tried that but it says it should do that automatically especially since I've rebooted and unplugged it multiple times.  I've had lots of trouble getting it to connect to my Bluetooth but finally got it going other than the delays between the video and sound and ocassional hickups or skips in the sound which is the last trouble I'm having. Very annoying when listeing to music. I'll do what it says to force an update now though just to be sure.

Tried what it said to force an update and didn't notice anything happening.

Just trying to make due with the Echo as my computer speaker till I can save up for something else. The Echo has it's problems but I already have it and other than the few glitches it sounds better than some $10 speakers. Thank you for the help. I do wish there was a way to directly connect it instead of having to use Bluetooth. That is for sure!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.