Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Touchsmart 7320
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi to all,

it seems there is no solution to make the RT 5390 Ralink 802.11n Wireless minicard working with Windows 10 for HP Touchsmart 7320, is’nt it?

Serial No of the Touchsmart 7320 is CZC2204JTT

Part No of the RT 5390 is 638403-001

I would like repace the minicard by one which will support both: Touchsmart 7320 and Windows 10.
And it would be perfect if the new card would support 2,4 an 5 GHz.

I would like to omit a USB-solution. I favour a builtin solution as the internal desing of the hardware of Touchsmart 7320 the is excelent.

Yes, it is an oldtimer 🙂

Do you have any recommendation, which minicard would make this happen?

Many thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is unfortunate your PC only has one antenna cable to connect to the card.

So...I will offer you these options...

Use the 7260 AC card with one antenna cable, and the wifi should work on both bands if you connect the antenna cable to the card's Main terminal...the left one in your picture.

Bluetooth will not work, because that would need the second antenna cable connected to the Aux terminal.

I think it would be too much trouble to add a second antenna cable.

Your other alternative would be to buy this card which is only a single band card, but both the wifi and bluetooth would work with a single antenna cable...

Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11bgn 1×1 + BT 4 LE Combo Adapter    HP Part # 753077-001.

You can see from the illustration of this specific part number card, it was the only HMC form factor card that I know of that was engineered to work with one antenna cable.

HP OEM 753077-001 Realtek RTL8723BE b/g/n WLAN bluetooth 4 PCIe half U98H121.01

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi:

If there are two wifi antennas connected to the Ralink card in there now, and there is no BIOS whitelist, this one would be a good choice...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You should be able to find one on eBay.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Below is the link to the service manual for your PC, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure....

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03600857

No one can tell you if your PC has a BIOS whitelist or not since HP does not publish that information.

There are desktop PC models as old as yours where there is no BIOS whitelist.

HP Recommended

Many thanks Paul_Tikkanen,

is it e.g such one (ples see figure)?

However what about the two connectors i've marked in red.Unbenannt_1.JPG.png
Whitin my computer the existing (and dysfunctional) card is connected whith one cable only, the card does have only one of those connectors.
Is there somethig missing whithin my computer ( e.g. 2'nd antenna) to make the "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0  HP Part # 710661-001" work properly?

Would this card work too having only one cabel connected (e.g at connector one)  and do you know  which bandwith will be supported then (e.g. 2.4 GHz) ? 

Best regards

Onkel_Tom

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is unfortunate your PC only has one antenna cable to connect to the card.

So...I will offer you these options...

Use the 7260 AC card with one antenna cable, and the wifi should work on both bands if you connect the antenna cable to the card's Main terminal...the left one in your picture.

Bluetooth will not work, because that would need the second antenna cable connected to the Aux terminal.

I think it would be too much trouble to add a second antenna cable.

Your other alternative would be to buy this card which is only a single band card, but both the wifi and bluetooth would work with a single antenna cable...

Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11bgn 1×1 + BT 4 LE Combo Adapter    HP Part # 753077-001.

You can see from the illustration of this specific part number card, it was the only HMC form factor card that I know of that was engineered to work with one antenna cable.

HP OEM 753077-001 Realtek RTL8723BE b/g/n WLAN bluetooth 4 PCIe half U98H121.01

HP Recommended

Great suggestions, Paul_Tikkanen!

To decide best which kind of card to try do you know the following too:
The 2'nd antenna of the TochSamrt-Computer (not available in mine) is for bluetooth only?
And the 1'st antenna will be capable to support both: 2,4GHz and 5GHz and at full bandwith for both frequencies?

Best regards
Onkel_Tom

HP Recommended

Hi:

I cannot promise you that the second antenna is only needed for bluetooth, but I am pretty sure that is the case.

Now you could also opt for the Intel 3160 AC 1 x 1 card.  That card has half the throughput as the 7260, and should work on both bands with one antenna cable connected to the Main terminal, but again, the bluetooth won't work.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11 ac 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter  HP part # 710662-001

So I guess now you have 3 options...

HP Recommended

Many thanks, Paul_Tikkane,

I'll try one of the cards and let you know what has happen

May take some time as ther cards migt be shipped from far away.

Best regards

Onkel_Tom

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul_Tikkanen,

i've found that one (pls. see figure attached); can get it local.

Unbenannt_2.JPG

It is called "HP ProBook 640 g1 WLAN Karte Wifi Card 710661-001 #3596"

Would that card match your 1'st suggestion which is called "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0 HP Part # 710661-001"

Best regards
Onkel_Tom

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, that would be the same one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.