Fenshome
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Authenticated Users & Everyone unable to apply permission

HP Recommended
Pavillion all-in-one 27-a276a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Windows 10 Home will not allow me to create the group/user name Everyone and apply permissions to it. It get part way through applying permissions, then says can't apply, but allows you to move on applying more permissions, and then says Access Denied and stops. The same occurs to Authenticated Users. The operating system has created the user, but all check boxes are are unchecked. When you apply permissions the same occurs as above.

Under Advance tab when looking at each Principal all Permissions are grayed-out - not changable.

Because of this all the PC in the network can see this PCs, zero access (can see it, can't access it) to the one windows 10 computer that I can't apply permissions to.

How can I fix this issue and make it accessible to the network PCs?

Kim

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation