Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1240 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have never been able to get bluetooth to work on this desktop. What gives? I have tried several different bluetooth speakers from a varity of vendors. I have most recently spent time with Sony (speaker manufacturer) trying to find a fix. I looked on the HP website looking for a driver or driver update but found nothing. The speaker is found in Add a Device but the drivers won't load.

Any idea how to fix this? Please I have about given up on HP products. This should be very easy. I have Windows 7 64 bit with all the current updates. I see no updates on the HP site that apply to this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Since the Broadcom bluetooth driver is installed, unfortunately, I wouldn't know why the BT doesn't work.

I guess you can try a newer bluetooth driver than the one installed, and see if that works...

This package contains the Broadcom Bluetooth driver and software for supported models that are running a supported operating system. Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Driver is required to enable Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 devices and is compatible with Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0 and earlier versions. 

6.5 Rev.T (28 Aug 2015)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72617.exe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wireless network adapter does your PC have?

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

I believe the bluetooth radio is integrated onto the wireless adapter's circuit board, and I don't see any bluetooth drivers at all listed on the support page.

In order for the bluetooth radio to work you need the wireless card manufacturer's bluetooth driver.

Normally, the generic BT driver installed by Windows won't work.

HP Recommended

The wireless adapter is Broadcom. Wireless internet has been set up a long time and works fine. I too looked but saw no updates. I believe the Bluetooth is also Broadcom, based on information in device manager.

HP Recommended

Since the Broadcom bluetooth driver is installed, unfortunately, I wouldn't know why the BT doesn't work.

I guess you can try a newer bluetooth driver than the one installed, and see if that works...

This package contains the Broadcom Bluetooth driver and software for supported models that are running a supported operating system. Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Driver is required to enable Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 devices and is compatible with Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0 and earlier versions. 

6.5 Rev.T (28 Aug 2015)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72617.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you for solving this issue. It has been a real challenge.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.