Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 750-000 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HTC Vive Virtual Reality headset that uses some bluetooth accessories. These work and connect still, so I know the Bluetooth does work. But I can no longer pair my wireless Jabra headset, my Xbox controller or my Steam controller. 

I understand the process for pairing these, but the PC no longer finds them. I read that it can help to reinstall the bluetooth drivers, but I cannot find these drivers. I found in the Windows Bluetooth Settings a device called Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter and I updated to the latest driver but it did not solve the issue. There were also some others such as PLT_E500, but a driver update was not available.

In the Windows Device Manager under "Bluetooth Devices" it shows only one, which is "BCM20703 Bluetooth 4.1 USB Device". I believe this may be the one device that is connecting properly, my HTC Vive setup? Under Windows Bluetooth and Other Devices it shows a "BCM920703 Bluetooth 4.1" is connecting, as well as a few HTC Vive related items. 

I can't figure out what the name of the Bluetooth hardware that came with my PC is called, what the driver would be called or where to find it. Please let me know the answer to this as well as any other troubleshooting ideas. Thank you!

From my product receipt description:

HP ENVY 750se Desktop
HP Wireless 802.11 b/g/n 1x1 with Bluetooth M.2 NIC (Sanji)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

The model of Bluetooth adapter I have appears to be Reaktek RTL8723BE

HP Recommended

The Vive appears to show up as "BCM20703 Bluetooth 4.1 USB Device"

some info here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/358040/discussions/0/152390648077754118/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.