Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion All-in-One 24-b217c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bluetooth functionality disappeared from PC. Was connected and paired with a Bose SLll speaker. When first noticed no functionality, Bluetooth was shown under hidden devices but nowhere else. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and every other fix suggested. Will not download updates of current or previous versions of Realtek Bluetooth driver. At the point where I think I should do a restore to factory settings but would rather not if there’s another fix. Would appreciate any help I can get. Have spent several hours trying everything I know and have researched with no success. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nanamc_1106

No, your machine has Intel Bluetooth (Wireless LAN - 11ac INT 3168.NGWG M.2 MOW) as from its parts list

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=Z5L74AA

Please download and install the following software for Intel Bluetooth Driver (Windows 10):

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84001-84500/sp84411.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information; however, installing that software didn't work.  

HP Recommended

Hi

If you used a CMD (DOS) box and typed a few commands like...

C:\>getmac

Physical Address    Transport Name
=================== 
48-48-48-48-48-27   \Device\Tcpip_
B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28   Media disconnected
48-48-48-48-48-28   Media disconnected

I get 3 things and the only one active is my WiFi -27  -28 is my bluetooth and is disconnected.

AND/OR

C:\>PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter"

Name                      InterfaceDescription                    ifIndex Status       MacAddress             LinkSpeed
----                      --------------------                    ------- ------       ----------             ---------
WiFi                      Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi A...      24 Up           48-48-48-48-48-27      72.2 Mbps
Bluetooth Network Conn... Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Netw...      23 Disconnected 48-48-48-48-48-28         3 Mbps

C:\>PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter -Name * | Format-Table -View Driver"

Name                      InterfaceDescription                     DriverFileName  DriverDate DriverVersion NdisVersion
----                      --------------------                     --------------  ---------- ------------- -----------
WiFi                      Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Ad... rtwlane.sys     2018-02-24 2023.66.11... 6.70
Bluetooth Network Conn... Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) bthpan.sys      2006-06-21 10.0.17134.1  6.30
Ethernet                  Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller        rt640x64.sys    2015-05-05 10.1.505.2015 6.40

You get obvious information like the bluetooth is there and has a driver.

If in doubt please ask.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.