Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envoy Model: TE01-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
When connecting my Bluetooth headset to the computer there is a signal issue. Keep in mind that my Bluetooth headset works perfectly with my old computer and my smart phone. When connecting my Bluetooth headset to the computer the connection works initially, but only for a few minutes. Then at random intervals the sound cuts out, takes 10 to 20 seconds to reconnect, and when reconnecting the audio becomes badly distorted. I've had the computer for one full day now and this issue has happened at least thirty to forty times. I can fix the badly distorted audio some of the time by manually disconnecting Bluetooth and reconnecting, but that does not always work. Several times I have spent 5 to 10 minutes attempting to fix the distorted audio to no avail. I researched online to see what could be causing this problem and discovered that a wireless dongle or external hard drive plugged into the device or near-bye could be emitting radiation that could interfere with signal. I unplugged my external hard drive and moved my wireless dongle from the back usb 2.0 port to the front usb 3.0 port as it was suggested to fix the issue. This did not solve the problem as it is still happening. My headset is a Sony WH-CH700N and it's Bluetooth specification on the box reads version 4.1. My computer is an HP Envoy desktop Model:TE01-0034. In the specs for the computer it reads that the wifi is Bluetooth version 5.0. Unless I'm mistaken my research has found that Bluetooth 5.0 should be backwards compatible with version 4.1. Can you please assist in helping me with this problem? Thanks. 
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ThatCrazyGuy

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Next ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & Security   > Windows Update .

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying to my inquiry. I had the HP Assistant pre loaded on my computer when I first turned it on. All the drivers that were needed and all the windows updates available have been installed on the computer. The problem has still persisted. I bought a wireless Bluetooth dongle on Amazon for $10 in an attempt to create a work around. I wasn't sure it would work as it was just a guess as to how to solve this issue. Since plugging in the dongle my issue with the sound cutting out has disappeared. I'm still not sure how the original issue is happening, but as a last resort and a quick fix I can recommend the dongle as a resolution to resolve this problem for anyone having similar issues. I am by no means an expert and very well could have missed something, but I am happy with this resolution. I have plenty of USB slots, so this is not inconvenient. For anyone who wants to chime in with their two cents for other people's benefit, please do. I don't want my experience to mislead anyone. It worked for me. Other people's individual scenarios could vary. Thanks again for your assistance.    

HP Recommended

@ThatCrazyGuy

I'm glad you got this sorted out with the wireless dongle

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.