Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer has bluetooth and it was working. It quit I have updated the driver, and ran the troubleshooter and it says my computer doesnt have bluetooth. Any one know how to fix this?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Greetings @Randyfireman

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

Will be glad to help with your computer. 

May I know the exact product number of your computer? Refer https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01492484

In the meantime, recommend you run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated. 

Refer to this article for assistance in using HPSA, https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467905

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

computer.jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. Looks like you had shared some personal information in the image shared and the image was rejected. 

Request you to share just the product number of your computer. 

Did you install all the updates on your computer using HPSA?

Please share a screenshot of the device manager on your computer. 

You can open device manager by doing a right-click on the windows button/menu.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Product # N0A07AA#ABA  Everything is up to date according to the update. Bluetooth.JPGDevice Manager.JPG

HP Recommended

@Randyfireman
Thank you for posting back. 

I am the Echo_Lake  looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This looks like its an issue with the driver. 

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have Integrated Bluetooth 4.0 and Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n/ac featuring Dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz) 1 x 1 technology installed on the PC. 

Follow these steps to undo the restore and put the files and programs on your computer back to the way they were before you used System Restore:

1. Save any open files and close all open programs.

2. In Windows, search for restore, and then open Create a restore point from the results list.

Creating a restore point

System Properties opens with the System Protection tab selected.

3. On the System Protection tab, click System Restore.

System Properties window

The System Restore window opens.

4. Select Undo System Restore, and then click Next.

The screen to undo System Restore, with Next selected

5. Confirm that the date and time are correct, and then click Finish.

Confirm your restore point screen, with Finish selected

6. Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. This can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.

Warning that appears before beginning a System Restore

7. System Restore undoes the restore and restarts.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,
Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,
Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried what you suggested and it did not work. any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

@Randyfireman

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstall Windows 10.  I would suggest we can perform a system factory reset, to isolate HW/SW issue

Note: Back up all personal files

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.

Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or power cord.

3. Turn on the computer.

4. From the Start screen, type recovery manager, and then select HP Recovery Manager from the search results.

If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide the confirmation. If a User Account Control window asks if you want to allow the program to make changes to the computer, click Yes.

5. Under Help, click Windows Recovery Environment.

Recovery Manager Main screen with Windows Recovery Environment selected

6. Click OK. The system reboots into the Windows Recovery environment.

Windows Recovery Environment with OK selected

7. Click Troubleshoot.

Choose an option with troubleshoot selected

8. Click Recovery Manager.

Troubleshoot screen with Recovery Manager selected

9. Click Recover without backing up your files, and then click Next.

System Recovery with Recover without backing up your files and Next selected

10. Read the System Recovery information. To proceed, click Next.

System recovery information

Recovery Manager is preparing the system for recovery.

Preparing for system recovery

11. The preparations are complete. Click Continue.

Recovery preparation is complete and continue is selected

The computer restarts. Follow any on-screen instructions and do not interrupt it during the process. The computer might restart a number of times during the recovery process.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.