Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP8200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Setting Static IP Default Gateway changes but does not stick.

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections \Ethernet Properties\Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)\Use the following IP Address - set Default gateway OK Close - check properties again and Default gateway not set. Same if I use Advanced / Validate settings upon exit.

I've tried deleting device and reinstalling driver.

Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection, Driver files V12.2.34.0: e1c63x64.sys,  e1c63x64.din, e1cmsg.dll, NicCo3.gll, NicInstC.dll.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

the same thing is happening using wi-fi? you still cannot set a static ip?

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
HP Recommended

Thanks but I don't understand why you referred to Realtek. Device is Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection. Do you mean Intel website (where I've been)? I'd appreciate you pointing me to a driver file.

HP Recommended

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23071/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-8-...

you said that your driver version is 12,2.....i see on the intel website that the latest is 24.2

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
HP Recommended

Interesting. I tried to install that driver 3 days ago and it wouldn't install. Ran it today, install apparently completed, rebooted - Driver dated 10/8/2012, Version 12.2.45.0. Deleted device, reinstalled. Same, same issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.