Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Custom PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, just plug'n'played a dual channel Wifi Card in the hope of getting faster 5ghz WiFi however the card can't see the 5ghz network though other devices can. I'm told it could be incorrect drivers. In my DevMgr I've got the following:

AndyW1980_0-1594224295398.png

Does anyone have a link to the driver file I'd need to ensure it's correct? Or is it even the wrong driver?

thanks 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You may just have to split the signal off, not sure yet.

First check to see if your router and pc are capable of 5ghz:
Check the router's website for the model. For the pc Run "netsh wlan show drivers" (without the quotes)
in a command prompt and see if the radio types show:802.11a 802.11g 802.11n
If they do then you're good to go.

Go back to DevMgr and right-click on the adapter/properties/advanced then select 802.11n mode and select Enable.(If it is already Enabled skip to the step below)
Then restart and see if you have 5.2.

Go back in that same properties window from the steps above in DevMgr and you'll see Preferred Band, click on that and choose 5.2.

Then restart and check for 5ghz.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.