Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 500-320
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was trying to connect my new Logitech Bluetooth keyboard K-480. However,  I could not find bluetooth anywhere on my computer -- not above the icon on the far right of the taskbar, not in settings, not in the device manager. What do I need to do?

Thanks,

Marian

MarianC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter is a single band, non-bluetooth capable wireless card.

The easiest thing you can do to add bluetooth networking to your PC, would be to purchase an external USB bluetooth adapter.

I use this one on one of my HP desktop PC's.  Works just fine...

https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTD-400-Bluetooth-4-0-USB/dp/B007Q45EF4

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi, Marian:

What is the full model number or product number of your PC?

The product number can be found on the same sticker as the serial number.

There are several variations of the 500-320...320cx,qe,no, nf, np, nt, nx...

Off the top of my head, I would say that your PC does not come with built in bluetooth networking, but I would need to know the exact model number to be sure.

HP Recommended

Product #00326-10000-00000-AA008. Sorry I didn't include all the needed numbers.

MarianC
HP Recommended

Hi:

That is not the # I am looking for.

Please use this guide for how to find the model # of your PC.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07555

You can also look in the BIOS in the system information window to find the model # or product #.

HP Recommended

Well, this is embarrassing. I'm sorry to have wasted your time with the wrong numbers. But at least I learned something.

I got this from the hard drive, as directed in the link you gave me (thanks for that):

Model #: 500-320qe

Is this what you are seeking?

Thanks,

Marian

MarianC
HP Recommended

That's OK, Marian.

Unfortunately, now I need some more info because the model you have is a configured to order (CTO) model which means it can have different options.

So...please post the name and model number of the wireless network adapter your PC has.

You can easily find that info by going to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

The wireless network adapters are what also come with a bluetooth radio on the circuit board.

There are two types...the models that have a bluetooth radio, and the models that don't.

I know which model wlan cards have or don't have bluetooth.

HP Recommended

Network Adapter: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

MarianC
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter is a single band, non-bluetooth capable wireless card.

The easiest thing you can do to add bluetooth networking to your PC, would be to purchase an external USB bluetooth adapter.

I use this one on one of my HP desktop PC's.  Works just fine...

https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTD-400-Bluetooth-4-0-USB/dp/B007Q45EF4

HP Recommended

Thanks so much! I will purchase the adapter.

Marian

MarianC
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.