Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 8600 Pro
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

After working with Microsoft on an unrelated issue, I discovered my HP 8600 all in one printer cannot scan to the computer. It is on the network, because I can send print jobs, and the go through just peachy. But try to scan a document into my computer, it simply does not work. I can put a document in the automatic feeder, press the scan button, then the computer button as destination, and I get "No computer found" as a spiffy response with a great deal of dialog that isnt helpful at all.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mel E.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to HP Support Forum. Sounds like you have not installed software and drivers to your computer. Firstly, please download an run the following tool:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

It may fix the problem for you. If not, post back full error message(s).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to HP Support Forum. Sounds like you have not installed software and drivers to your computer. Firstly, please download an run the following tool:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

It may fix the problem for you. If not, post back full error message(s).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I probably should have mentioned it was working just great until I had another issue with Microsoft. They fixed a problem I was having with the computer and they remoted in to fix it. It wasn't until I tried to send a scan to the computer that the problem emerged. I checked the drivers and such with an app on my computer from HP, but it said I was up to date on my drivers. So, the problem remains that I can send to the printer from the computer, use an HP app to scan from the 8600, but it wont do it on its own.

The printer, when attempting to scan produced this message as follows:

No Computer Found

To scan to computer, make sure the feature is enabled.

Open HP printer software, select scanner action, then

select manage scan to computer,

(then there is stuff about a Mac)

This is followed by an "OK" button, which when pressed,

brings you back to the buttons to select scan.

Thanks for any info you can share.

I am uncertain what HP software the message is talking about.

HP Recommended

Okay, downloaded the utility recommended in the first reply and am about to try it. It did an install and stated it has my printer connected to the wireless network. Gonna give it a spin.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thank you Banhien!

That did the trick!
After spending all day long trying to figure it out, you've provided a solution that worked like a charm!

Thank you again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.