Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

After uninstalling IDE ATA/ATAPI....sd card still will not read?

HP Recommended

My laptop does not read my SDs. I used to download pictures from my 4GB card but now I can't. Help!

HP Recommended

Hello @Topsaros44

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I came across your post where your notebook is unable to read the SD cards. I would like to help. 

Recommend you to check the card on a different PC, if possible. 

Uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers by entering the product number on www.hp.com/drivers

Also, check if there are any updates available using HP Support Assistant. Refer http://hp.care/2fvNQNc

Help me with the product and operating system details for further assistance.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My computer can't or won't read my sd card.  I have tryed many times over the past week but nothing is happening.   I just want to be able to send a friend some pictures that i took and can't.  I never had any problems at the beginning of the year.  I tryed to reinstille programs but that didnt work.  I thought that i took something out but i just can't figure out what is wrong.

HP Recommended
What is the name of the card reader?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.