Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy curved all-in-one pc 34-b0xx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hi!

I'm trying to reconnect an original HP wireless keyboard to my hp envy curved all-in-one pc 34-b0xx. This keyboard belonged to my Wife's computer (also a hp envy curved all-in-one pc 34-b0xx). What keys do I need to push on the keyboard so it can be discovered by my computer? 

The keyboard does NOT show up as a device to add on the "Bluetooth and other devices" setting screen. What buttons do I need to push on the keyboard so it's discoverable?

Thx

My keyboard is the same as the keyboard in this image https://images.app.goo.gl/j5qUSnYRgVAwDLs97 

keyboard.JPG

HP.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@PeterMontoya

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g7KV0ASJnk&ab_channel=HPSupport Connecting a Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse to the HP Envy 32 All-in-One 

And, also refer to: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00006821 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Connection Issues

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo;

I really appreciate your answer, but unfortunately, it doesn't help. I've already reviewed the standard videos/help.

This keyboard doesn't have a FOB and it was previously paired with my Wife's Desktop Envy. It's discoverable on her computer, but not mine. How do I unpair it from my Wife's computer? Will that help me pair it with mine? This keyboard does NOT show up on her list of Bluetooth devices.

HP Recommended

@PeterMontoya

Thank you for posting back.

Let's try this to disconnect a Bluetooth device using Settings

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Devices.
  3. Click on Bluetooth & other devices.
  4. Select the peripheral.
  5. Click the Remove device button.
  6. Click the Yes button to confirm.

Once it's done then try connecting the keyboard. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo!

Unfortunately, the native HP Bluetooth keyboard doesn't appear on either device list.  Do I need to de-pair from her computer first?

If so, how can I find it? Clearly it's not on the lists. 1.png2.png

HP Recommended

@PeterMontoya

Yes! firstly, unpair the keyboard device from her computer and then try connecting to your computer. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi!

As you can see from the screenshots that I included above, the keyboard is not appearing on her device. HOwever the keyboard works on her machine - I can type in documents for example.

How can I unpair it if it's not showing in those photos?

HP Recommended

@PeterMontoya

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi! Can't thank you enough for your continued support. Unfortunately, that page is where I started which directed me to you here. How can I talk to a human being? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.