Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6005 Pro Small Form Factor PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings! First, I've owned this PC (HP Compaq 6005 Pro SFF PC) for about a year and a half, and nothing was wrong with it until a few weeks ago. The Wi-Fi disconnects about every 8-12 minutes, and I believe I've tried almost everything I found online to fix the issue by myself. Unfortunately, nothing I tried worked and I am still having the issue. Here's both info on my wireless network adapter and what I've tried so far:

==============================================

Network Adapter

-Name: 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card

-Manufacturer: Ralink Technology, Corp.

-Driver Version: 5.1.22.0

Solutions I've Tried (That Haven't Worked)

-Updating the driver (Windows says I have the latest drivers for the device)

-Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver

-Typing 'netsh winsock reset' into Command Prompt and restarting the computer

-Unchecking 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' in Properties

-Using the Troubleshooter (It is unable to identify the problem)

-Putting the USB Adapter in different ports

==============================================

I'm unsure if there's a problem with the PC itself or if it's the USB adapter I'm using. Help would be appreciated, thank you!

(Please keep in mind that I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to hardware and I sometimes struggle with instructions. Again, thank you.)

(Update as of 8/9/22: Occasionally, when trying to reconnect to the internet, it says 'Cannot connect to this network'. The quick solution to that is to unplug the adapter and plug it back in, but the internet still disconnects constantly. Sometimes even the whole USB disconnects despite being plugged into the PC.)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.