Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion pc2380ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all, help please

My desktop has been more and more difficult to connect to internet through WiFi. It connects to the network but not connected to  the internet.  We also have 2 laptops. 2 mobile's and a kindle fire which all connect ok in the same location.

I've used both Windows and HP support assistant to update the driver, disable and re enable the adapter. But no improvement.

The computer does not usually connect when I switch it on, if I leave it for an hour or so it usually connects ok and will usually stay connected but does often drop the connection for various lengths of time. 

Do you think the internal network card is faulty and is it easy / expensive to replace?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product specs page for your PC indicate that it comes with a Ralink wireless adapter.

I don't see that HP supports your PC for W10, so I suggest you try the W10 Ralink wireless card driver and see if that helps.

5.0.57.0 Rev.A

package contains the driver installation package for the Mediatek (Ralink) wireless LAN Controller in the supported  models running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71571.exe

As far as replacing the wireless adapter, the easiest thing to do would be to puchase an external USB wireless network adapter.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product specs page for your PC indicate that it comes with a Ralink wireless adapter.

I don't see that HP supports your PC for W10, so I suggest you try the W10 Ralink wireless card driver and see if that helps.

5.0.57.0 Rev.A

package contains the driver installation package for the Mediatek (Ralink) wireless LAN Controller in the supported  models running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71571.exe

As far as replacing the wireless adapter, the easiest thing to do would be to puchase an external USB wireless network adapter.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul, very helpful.

I've installed the package you kindly identified so Lets's see in the next 24 hours if it works better otherwise, as you also suggest, I'll just buy a usb adapter.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please let us know if the updated driver resolved the connection problems.

HP Recommended

Hi Again Paul,

Good news updsate for you. I've booterd the PC 5 or 6 times over the weekend and it has always connected immediately and has not dropped the connection during use or idle time so it seems your solution has been effective.

Many thanks again for your help, much appreciated

Regards

Richard

HP Recommended

Anytime, Richard.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.