Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion, Model: 545-424
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

I have an HP, Model: 500-424, windows 8 OS. A fdew days ago, it stopped recognizing my wireless network. It tells me it can not find any wireless network however, my phones and 2 laptops and 1 tablet have no trouble. I can use all other devices wirelessly so, the wireless internet is working properly. I have a Realtek PCIe Family Controller wireless card, Driver version 8.31.423.2014, Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n. I'd like to know if the card is no longer working or, if I can troubleshoot the card. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The hardware ID you posted is for the ethernet (wired network) adapter.

If you do not see a model wireless network adapter listed where you see the device with the hardware ID you posted, and you don't see a device listed in the device manager as a network controller, then most likely the wireless network adapter has suffered a hardware failure.

The easiest thing to do IMO, would be to purchase an external USB wireless network adapter.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you see the Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n adapter showing up under the network adapters device manager category, that is the wireless network adapter.

Click on it, and check its status.

Please post the hardware ID for the device and I will see if there is an updated Windows 8 wireless driver for it you can try.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID.  It is not an unknown device.  Click on the Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n adapter under the network adapters device manager category.

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, I'm told "this device is working properly" in status.  The Hardware info is:

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_2B29103C&REV_07
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_2B29103C
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_0200

The top PCI/VEN was highlighted when I accessed the info.  I copied and pasted everything under it.  It's not my language.

Thank you, for taking the time to help.

You probably know this already but, I'm using an ethernet cable on the desk top to get online.  I tried to set up a new connection and got an "error 651" message.  Don't know if this info helps.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The hardware ID you posted is for the ethernet (wired network) adapter.

If you do not see a model wireless network adapter listed where you see the device with the hardware ID you posted, and you don't see a device listed in the device manager as a network controller, then most likely the wireless network adapter has suffered a hardware failure.

The easiest thing to do IMO, would be to purchase an external USB wireless network adapter.

HP Recommended

I'm with you.  Not sure where to purchase one but, I'm thinking Best Buy? Easter Blessings for you and yours, Paul.  Thank you for helping.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I bought this one on Amazon and it works great for Windows operating systems (Vista - W10).

https://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-Adapter-AE3000/dp/B007ZLGXA8

I don't know if BB sells this particular model but no doubt they will have several to choose from.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.