Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC-880-149
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

One of my work desktops won't connect to wifi it says I need to update the driver. I've tried installing using several of the driver downloads and it still wont work. I know nothing about computers and I need to fix this for my boss but its become incredibly frustrating.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the parts list for that model it comes with a Realtek RTL8822BE wifi adapter.

HP PartSurfer

This would be the newest driver that HP has for that model wifi adapter...

This package contains the DCHU driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8188EE, RTL8723BE, RTL8723DE, RTL8821CE, RTL8822BE, RTL8822CE, RTL8852AE and RTL8852BE wireless LAN Controller in the supported computer models running a supported Windows 10 or Windows 10 Cloud operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp134001-134500/sp134384.exe 

HP Recommended

I've installed it and restarted my computer but it still does not work. When I troubleshoot it still says I need to install a driver and that "windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter." Am I doing something wrong during the install?

HP Recommended

The driver is an auto install driver, so if you ran it, then it should have worked automatically.

Go to the device manager.

Click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category.

Do you see the Realtek RTL8822BE wifi adapter listed there?

If not, do you see a Network Controller device listed under an Other Devices category?

The Network Controller would be the wifi adapter needing the driver and it would have a little ! mark next to it.

If you see neither, then there is most likely a hardware problem with the wifi adapter and it would have to be replaced.

I recommend replacing it with a better card...

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005

You can find the card for sale on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately it must be a hardware issue then.

Thank you so much for your help!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You can also have your boss buy a dual band USB wifi adapter for a quick and easy fix.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.