Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-a1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Got a number of points:

1) This computer originally bought in UK but taken to France - Here my ISP is Orange France - contacted them about DNS Server and they confirm it is not the router or the line. Internet connection cuts out periodically and each time I start up go to far right of task bar (windows 10) and click to show ISPS available. There are two boxes - connect automatically and connect. Although I click automatically that instruction is not retained, although I can regain connection through ticking connect. Not serious but irksome.

2)Trying to get help from HP but end up in continuous circles, Ideally wanted to get a chat with a live operator but could not find one for UK, although teh USA was served with this function.  They did provide a French address but my French is not good enough for that. An alternative was to go an expert, who charged £60  but the computer is less than a year old and should be under warranty until November, though their records showed it expired in 6 days. 

Probably like most I am not a computer expert by any means and most disappointed in the level of customer service by HP. Until now I rated them having bought 2 PCs and three printer scanners from them. 

I connect find any means of contacting them direct on line though there are telephone numbers which I suspect have higher than normal charges. 

Would appreciate advice concerning these two matters.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MontyMeehan1,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps to connect to your wireless connection automatically.

1. Right-click on the Network icon in the taskbar.
  2. In the drop-down menu, click Open Network and Sharing Center.
  3. It will show your current connect connections. Click on your WiFi connection.
  4. Within the new window that appears, click on Wireless Properties.
  5. Under the Connection tab, choose to Start this connection automatically.
  6. Reboot the computer and check if it works.

If you continue facing the issue, follow the below steps and test.

Forget your WiFi network and then reconnect to it

If a simple glitch or bug is causing your computer to not connect to a saved WiFi network automatically, the following is bound to work for you:

Click on the WiFi icon in the taskbar.

1. Click on Network Settings
  2. Under the Wireless Network Connection section, choose Manage Wi-Fi Settings. Then from under Manage Known Networks, Click the name of your wireless network and choose Forget.
  3. Restart your computer. Click on the WiFi icon in the taskbar and click on your WiFi network from the list of available networks.
  4. Make sure that you check the Connect automatically. Click on Connect.
  5. Enter the security code for the network. Once your computer connects to the network, its memory should be refreshed and it should connect to the network automatically even after shutdowns and restarts.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MontyMeehan1,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps to connect to your wireless connection automatically.

1. Right-click on the Network icon in the taskbar.
  2. In the drop-down menu, click Open Network and Sharing Center.
  3. It will show your current connect connections. Click on your WiFi connection.
  4. Within the new window that appears, click on Wireless Properties.
  5. Under the Connection tab, choose to Start this connection automatically.
  6. Reboot the computer and check if it works.

If you continue facing the issue, follow the below steps and test.

Forget your WiFi network and then reconnect to it

If a simple glitch or bug is causing your computer to not connect to a saved WiFi network automatically, the following is bound to work for you:

Click on the WiFi icon in the taskbar.

1. Click on Network Settings
  2. Under the Wireless Network Connection section, choose Manage Wi-Fi Settings. Then from under Manage Known Networks, Click the name of your wireless network and choose Forget.
  3. Restart your computer. Click on the WiFi icon in the taskbar and click on your WiFi network from the list of available networks.
  4. Make sure that you check the Connect automatically. Click on Connect.
  5. Enter the security code for the network. Once your computer connects to the network, its memory should be refreshed and it should connect to the network automatically even after shutdowns and restarts.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, it appears to have worked - went through the 'forget process' then tried the troubleshooter again and it not identify a problem.

HP Recommended

@MontyMeehan1,

I thank you for the update and it is great to have you back. I am really happy that the issue is resolved. As @The_Fossette is out for the day, I am responding to you.

It is great to have you back and I hope things pan out well for you.

Take care and have a great week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.