cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
RWDiBacco
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Driver Does Not Meet Minimum Requirements

HP Recommended
Pavilion 6t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Need help. Downloaded the network adapter drivers from the HP website. Tried to install, and received the dreaded "does not meet minimum requirements" error. Serial number is edited*** No warranty. Just need driver! Thanks...

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
141,522 65,086 22,093 34,016
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your PC?

The product number can be found on the same label as the serial number.

Please do not post the serial number.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
RWDiBacco
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply. 

My Product Number is B3F79AV#ABA. My Model Number is p6-2220t.

I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10, which I am told has all the drivers. But, of course, I need to get online to do that.

Thanks again for all your help!

- Ralph

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
141,522 65,086 22,093 34,016
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Ralph.

The product specs for your PC indicate that it comes with a  RTL8171EH-CG gigabit ethernet controller.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03369990

If you are getting that message with the HP driver, use the one directly from Realtek.

Download, unzip and run the setup application from the W7 driver at the link below...

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/network-interface-controllers-10-100-1000m-gigabit...

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation