Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My ethernet stops working every time I reboot my computer / Shut down and start my computer again. I click on the troubleshoot network option and the Windows troubleshoot tool resets the ethernet adapter, thanks to which the ethernet starts working. The troubleshooter shows that the error was "No valid IP configuration for ethernet" . Also, when the ethernet is down, I see an Earth icon instead of the ethernet icon on the taskbar.

Things I have tried:

1. Running HP Support Assistant to update the drivers. ( It updated the Realtek LAN driver, still, I am facing the issue )

2. Reinstalling Windows.

My Desktop Information:

Desktop Name: HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx

Desktop Product number: 4LX91AA#ACJ

Configuration: Core i5 8400, 8GB ram, GTX 1650 OC Edition.

Any help would be appreciated 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This is a very common problem with Windows 10 (especially with latest updates)

I have found that if you go into Windows Device Manager and remove ALL ethernet drivers (leave WIFI and Bluetooth alone).

Then reboot... Windows will install the correct Ethernet driver for your system.

If that is no joy, then go into your Network Manager, Select your Ethernet Adapter, Go into properties and make sure that save power when not in use is UNCHECKED. The reboot.

HP Recommended

Thanks, will try and let you know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.