Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop PC TPE01-2000i (1K4E9AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I just purchased a new computer (HP ENVY Desktop PC TPE01-2000i (1K4E9AV)) that comes with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. But periodically (and daily) both become glitchy. They don't totally stop working but there are delays in typing, letters get missed or doubled, etc. Or the mouse will not respond smoothly. To be clear:

- The computer is maybe 3 feet from the keyboard/mouse tops.

- I have updated Windows 11 completely and have double checked to see if any bluetooth drivers need to be updated.

- I have run the troubleshooters. EDIT: Not sure what this means, but when I run the Bluetooth troubleshooter, it does say that it fixed a "check bluetooth radio status error". After ai run the troubleshooter, the keyboard does work better for a bit and then it gets flaky again. But again, never just stops working.

- I have forgotten and reconnected the bluetooth devices.

Basically, I've done everything I've found on articles like:https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06100754

Ideas? Honestly, I like wireless but not if it can't be relied upon.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @pipsqueakanim 

Please tell me the full product name and product number of the wirless keyboard/mouse combo.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the YES button on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply 'Accept as Solution'.

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much 

ub6424_0-1655758943554.png

HP Recommended

It's the combo that comes with the machine listed in the first sentence. I took the following pics from the back of the keyboard and mouse though if that's what you mean. Btw, I've placed the desktop on my desk and while the issue happens less frequently it hasn't cured it. And let's be honest, keeping the machine on the desk as opposed to under it is non-ideal.

IMG-4309.jpg

IMG-4308.jpg

  

HP Recommended

Hello @pipsqueakanim 

is this the setup guide of your wireless keyboard and mouse ?

Take a look at it, zoom in (to see better) and tell me, please.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04374531.pdf

Reference HP page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-2.4-ghz-wireless-keyboard-and-mouse/6953278/manuals

Please report your results.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the YES button on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply 'Accept as Solution'.

Thank you very much 

ub6424_0-1655763604801.png

HP Recommended

It might be similar but my mouse and keyboard look a bit different. HP provided virtually no documentation for my machine so I don't have anything better to point you to.

HP Recommended

Hello @pipsqueakanim 

(1) Remove all batteries from the keyboard and mouse.

(2) Wait a few minutes.

(3) Check voltage (V) of each battery. If you cannot check them take new ones and insert them again.

(4) Then test your keyboard and mouse ...

Please report your results.

best regards

---

Thank you very much 

ub6424_0-1655767961047.png

HP Recommended

That's not the issue. I had tried that early on. And the behavior isn't consistent with batteries being bad. Things function well the vast majority of the time. But you now, keyboards and mice need to ALWAYS work and I shouldn't need to run a troubleshooter each time things are flaky.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.